It's been over a year since I started this blog and nearly a year since we've welcomed Jenson into our lives. It has been all that I hoped it would be, all you have to do is look back at the year of posts to see the pride and enjoyment we have felt over these past 11 3/4 months. (Not ready to say he's one just yet) Our lives have changed so much and in so many good ways.
I am writing this post from a pizza place in Idaho Springs, Colorado. It's the first day I've had to myself in quite some time that hasn't been scheduled away by photos, work, projects, etc. Chris and I are in Denver for his work and Jenson is at Grandma's, probably charming the ladies at the bank as I write this. While Chris golfs (you're shocked, I know), I decided I would rent a car and go explore the mountains on my own. I must say I'm pretty proud of myself for doing this. This sort of "car and a camera" adventure is something I loved to do in high school and college but don't make time for these days.
I've explored a few Victorian mining towns, strolled through several shops and am on my way up the mountain to see what I can see. This is exactly what I had in mind for my excursion. Time to stop and look and go at my own pace.
But I do admit, I wish Jenson was here. He would love the cool breeze, the friendly people and the dogs that seem to be everywhere. Mountain people do love their dogs. I think we'll have to plan a family vacation to the mountains very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment