Of course we already knew that.
Our baby is starting to look a little more like a boy and by that I mean a little stronger, a little more rough and tumble. He's pretty tough actually. I won't post a picture, but he has quite the scratch on his nose right now. Daddy even had to wipe off a little blood. Don't worry, he's fine. He just hasn't mastered those tricky hands yet and caught a mean fingernail. I don't think we need to break out the Spiderman bandaids just yet.
Doesn't seem like the sort of thing to note but I think it has made me think of all the things he is going to get into over the next few years. Right now, he's a perfect little baby. All smooth skin, shy smiles and sweet gurgles. Very soon he'll be sitting up, then standing, crawling, walking, running, climbing, throwing, jumping off things and having all sorts of adventures - getting banged up and bruised along the way. Will he be brave and ready to try anything like his dad or more reserved and cautious like I was? I'm not in a hurry to find out. I want him to stay my sweet little baby for as long as possible but can't resist imagining what sort of little boy we'll have.
No comments:
Post a Comment